Pages

Friday 22 November 2013

Emmy Rossum Black/Brown Outfit

Emmy Rossum - celebrity fashion - copycat queen v
Emmy Rossum - Photo Credit: Michael Simon/startraksphoto.com 
Emmy Rossum mixes black and brown in this casual but put together outfit, on the way to the set of Shameless, looking decidedly more polished than her character Fiona often does (who I find fascinating, btw :p).

Emmy is wearing a black sweater with quilted shoulder patches. The sweater I chose utilises studs as the shoulder embellishment instead of patches, but I think it keeps to the overall feel, and is a stylish option without being too dressy.

For some reason I had a lot of trouble finding a skirt that I was satisfied with. I ended up settling on this one because of the cute feminine cut, even though the colour is a little less intense than the original. It's important for this look to not go with a skirt that is too tight or biker-ish, and to keep to more feminine and subtle pieces.

From what I can tell in from the picture, it looks like Emmy is wearing a wedge bootie, and the ones I chose are a great affordable option.

To avoid the bag looking too matchy matchy, Emmy chose a classically styled grey tote with brown detailing. I think this was a wise move, as going for a fully brown bag would have made the outfit too coordinated. Instead the grey adds a splash of a different colour, to break up the tones of the look. The bag I chose will emulate this effect, whilst also adding in a little of the tartan trend that's doing the rounds.

The accessories here are kept really simple, with just a delicate high low circle necklace, like the one above.

Finally, a perfectly applied red lip adds the final touch of sophistication. I personally love the blueish red (Russian Red) from MAC, but if that's a little out of your price range, any drugstore brand red will work, just as long as you chose a shade that works with your skin tone.

On a side note, does anyone else kinda fawn over all things Emmy Rossum? I mean really, the voice, the skin, the total coolness of having kissed Gerard Butler in Phantom of the Opera? Sigh, some girls have all the luck :p


Liked this post? Know of any other great items that would fit this outfit? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear from you. Also, you can follow Copycat Queen V on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on all the latest posts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment